Ready for a Healthy Reset?
If you are trying Kale Power to detox, note that this is a real food cleanse that gives your body mega-nourishment from greens and a chance to reset to healthy eating a lifestyle habits.
Here is a simple guide to help you get the most from drinking Kale Power!
You've Got the POWER!
How to Get the Most from Your Kale Power Cleanse:
1) WAKE UP Drink Lemon Water First Thing in the Morning
Squeeze 1/2 a lemon into an 8oz glass of water and drink. Easy peasy! This simple act is very powerful and detoxing. It wakes up your organs, flushes out toxins from your cells, gets your bowels ready to eliminate unneeded waste while balancing your alkaline levels - which boosts your immunity. Woo-hoo! Go, Lemon Water, Go!
2) HYDRATE Drink 2-3 Liters of Water Each Day
There is a lot of fiber in your Kale Power Smoothies! For you to get the optimal benefits of all this glorious fiber and so it can do it's best "clean-up" job, you must make sure that you stay hydrated.
3) NOURISH Each 16oz Kale Power Smoothie is a micro-nutrient dense meal replacement.
For best results, the other meals and snacks you eat should be real, whole food. Here are some simple eating guidelines to help make your cleanse more successful:
- Eating raw or cooked veggies, wild rice & quinoa dishes
- Natural farm raised animal protein
- Good fats like avocados & raw nuts
- Avoid fried foods & packaged processed foods
- Try to eliminate or limit dairy products
- Avoid toxic snack foods like Doritos, candy bars, regular/diet sodas, etc
- Want to indulge? How about Dark Chocolate? Sure! Enjoy the foods you love and be conscious of what you put in your precious body-temple. Kale power supports a healthy lifestyle. No matter what you eat, Kale Power can help you stay balanced & nourished with it's unique blend of phytonutrients, minerals, omega-3 fatty acids, plant protein, and fiber.
** These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. **
The Kale Power Cleanse is Simple.
Drink One for Breakfast, Drink One for Lunch, Then Eat a Healthy Dinner!
Each meal-replacement Kale Power smoothie gives you a mega-dose of whole food nutrients from real food: green veggies, fruit, chia seeds and superfoods.
2 smoothies per day provide: 400 Calories, 10-20 grams of vegan protein, 16 grams of fiber, 10 oz of kale, 280% of your Vitamin A, 189% of your Vitamin C, 80% of your Vitamin B12!
This is not ‘juice fast’ or starvation cleanse, so eating a big healthy dinner is important. Snack if you need to. Listen to your body.
You’ll need to eat more than 400 calories each day to feel energized and strong, especially if you are working out. Make sure you enjoy dinner to the max with healthy foods you love.
Chopped Thai Shrimp Salad Stuffed Avocados
2 ripe avocados sliced in half, seed removed, set aside
12 oz cooked shrimp/tails removed, chopped
2 TBS chopped cilantro
2 TBS chopped basil (Thai basil is
2 cups of cherry tomatoes cut into
1 large shallot or 1 small red onion thinly sliced
Wisk together the dressing ingredients:
Juice of 2 fresh limes
2 TBS. fish sauce
2 TBS coconut milk
1 TBS EVO
2 tsp. honey
1-3 garlic cloves minced
1/8 tsp. salt
pinch of cayenne pepper for heat
Pour dressing over the shrimp stuffing. Scoop stuffing into avocado halves,
evenly. Serve immediately
Orange Basil Baked Chicken
• 6 free ranch, organic chicken breasts
• 1 thin sliced orange • Marinade:
o 1 bunch fresh basil leaves - chopped
o 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
o 2 TBS. EVO or avocado oil or 1 TBS. minced garlic
o 1 Tsp. sea salt
1. Rinse & pat dry chicken breasts and place in a glass sealable bowl/container
2. Combine all marinade ingredients, and pour over chicken.
3. Place in refrigerator for 2-4 hours 4. Discard marinade
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
6. Place marinated breasts on flat
sheet pan and top with thin sliced
7. Bake 35-45 minutes or until juices
run clear & internal temp reads 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
8. This dish is also great GRILLED!
Pan Fried Salmon*
2 4 oz pieces of wild caught salmon (with skin)
2 tbsp olive oil
unrefined sea salt + pepper (to taste)
Juice of 1 lemon
Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat
Squeeze 1⁄2 lemon over fish
Season with salt + pepper
Raise heat to medium high
Place salmon skin-side up and cook until brown on down side – about 4 minutes
Flip and cook for about 3 minutes or so (until desired level of doneness)
Squeeze juice of other 1⁄2 of lemon over both pieces.
Serve w/ or without skin
* if you do not like salmon you can substitute in another type of wild caught fish or chicken or tempeh.
If making chicken: ideally pound the chicken out to tenderize and speed cooking. If you pound the
breasts thin, they will cook for about 4-5 minutes a side over high heat. (don’t move them). There should be no pink on the inside so adjust cooking times as needed.
If making tempeh: cook enough to lightly brown and warm through. A few minutes on each side.
Crispy Garlic Chicken and Zucchini
• 2 Chicken Breasts, sliced in half in length • 3 TBS avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil • 1/3 cup almond meal
• 4 TBS extra virgin olive oil
• 2 TBS grated parmesan
• 3 medium zucchini, chopped bite size
• 2 garlic cloves, minced2 free range eggs • Sea salt and pepper, to taste
To make the chicken:
1. In a shallow dish whisk the 2 eggs with a pinch of sea salt and pepper. In another dish, add the almond meal, 1/2 tsp sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
2. Preheat a large skillet and drizzle with 2 Tbsps of oil. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then coat it with the almond meal and place it in the skillet. Cook on each side for about 4 minutes until the outside is crispy and the chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
3. Add 2 Tablespoons of oil back to the skillet and sauté the minced garlic for just a minute.
4. Add the zucchini to the skillet and sauté until just tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add the parmesan.
5. Add the chicken back to the skillet and heat for a minute or so. Serve immediately.
Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad
• 1 15 oz can organic garbanzo beans
• 2 medium cloves garlic, minced or pressed
• 1 medium tomato, diced
• 1/2 medium purple (aka red) onion, chopped • 2 TBS cilantro, chopped
• 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
• 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
• unrefined salt and pepper to taste
6 sliced kalamata olives
1 tsp rosemary
parsley (instead of cilantro)
1. Press or mince garlic
2. Drain liquid from garbanzo beans and rinse under cold running water (this helps prevent gassiness).
3. Combine all ingredients with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
• 2 @ 4 oz chicken breast • 2 TBS olive oil
• 1 or 2 cloves garlic (smashed and finely diced)
• 1 to 2 tsp ginger finely diced (or to taste)
• 1 TBS olive oil
• 2 TBS coconut amino acids (or wheat free
tamari if cannot find)
Mix together ingredients and let sit for a bit if you can
Ideally pound the chicken out to tenderize and speed cooking.
Coat/marinate protein for as long as you can
Heat 2 TBS olive oil in a pan on medium high heat.
Place the chicken and marinade in the pan Reduce heat to medium.
Cook until the meat is no longer pink.
This usually takes around 8 to 12 minutes (flipping once in the middle).
For even more recipes:
Our pinned favorites!
Crock pot meals!
Lifestyle Tips for Best Results
* Drink 1⁄2 of your body weight in ounces of filtered water.
Consume most of your water BETWEEN meals. Drink water 30 to 45 minutes before a meal and wait for at 30 minutes after. Drinking too much dilutes your digestive enzymes which are critical for proper digestion. A half of cup of water is the most that should be consumed with a meal.
DRINKING ENOUGH WATER IS CRITICAL. It carries away waste products and is needed by liver, colon, and digestive system to best do their job.
* Do your best to enjoy dinner at least 2 hours before bed.
* Going to bed on a full stomach contributes to weight gain, disrupts the quality of your sleep, and diverts energy needed for overnight cleansing/healing to digestion.
* Take a break from the usual suspects.
If you really want to detox, try giving your body a break from coffee and alcohol. You’ll be amazed at how good it feels after a few days...especially in the sleeping department!
* Get more sleep.
Try putting yourself to bed one hour earlier than your normal time. A hot bath or shower before bedtime also helps rinse away the day and toxins, and gives your muscles a warm relaxing feeling priming you for sleep.
* Eat mindfully with presence.
A very important thing to do!
“Rest to digest.“ Whenever possible, take a moment to let go of stress and relax and become centered before eating. Sit and put your feet on the floor and sit tall with a straight spine. Take a few deep breaths. Put a smile on your face. Say a small grace of thanks for the food you are about to enjoy and ask it to nourish your body. Give thanks for all the miracles that produced the food.
* Eat without distraction. As much as possible, sit down to eat with both feet squarely on the floor. Focus on eating – that means no reading, no TV, no computer. Concentrate on the flavors, textures and experience your food. When your mind wanders to all that you have to do or some such, simply come back to the act of chewing and enjoying the flavors.
* Chew your food completely. This is the beginning of the digestive process and for some foods the enzymes in saliva are the only ones that can properly release nutrients.
Attempt to chew each bite 20 to 25 times. Ideally, you want to liquefy your food before swallowing. Really try this! You’ll likely find that you are enjoying your food more, discovering new flavors, and become satiated with less food as a result.
* Judge portion sizes (one exception is meat/fish which should be the size of your palm max) by your hunger level and goals. EAT WHEN HUNGRY (not because the menu tells you to). If wanting to lose weight, consider smaller portions of grains and big portions of veggies. Menu is a guideline.
For more information about Kale Power’s unique properties and to learn about our mission-driven story, visit kalepower.com
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
CHEERS TO YOUR BEST HEALTH!