by Brigitte Center
Whenever I serve this pasta sauce to my friends and family, they flip out! This is KALE? they ask? YES IT IS, I proudly say.... and then they ask for seconds. It is a 'raw vegan' sauce, too -that makes it even more amazing! I love it because it lasts for up to 2 weeks refrigerated and freezes really well! I always make a double batch.
- 1 large bunch dinosaur kale - the one with flat dark leaves
- 1/3 cup nutritional Yeast
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed (3 lemons - and zest them before your juice them, so you can use the zest in this recipe!)
- 6 clove garlic, whole
- Cut off the thicker bottom stems from kale.
- In a food processor fitted with an s-blade, add the Kale, nutritional yeast, pine nuts, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and garlic and olive oli.
- Process until it's really finely blended and has a creamy.
Toss with the any pasta you like or make a RAW pasta by peeling zucchini strips.Topping suggestions:
- Chopped red, orange, or yellow peppers
- Chopped Kalamata olives
- Toasted pinenuts