This is one of my favorite salads! It's colorful, hearty and nourishing. From family holidays to neighborhood pot-lucks, this salad is always a hit.
Italian WILD Rice with Cranberries and Pistachios - family/party portion (about 12 cups - cut recipe in 1/2 or 1/4 if you don’t this much.) This is a beautifully festive and colorful dish to serve year - round.
- 3 cups (dry) Wild Rice - makes about 8 cups of cooked rice. Follow rice's cooking instructions and let the rice cool to room temp before tossing with the rest of the ingredients.
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage or radicchio
- 1 cup chopped red, yellow or orange peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries (can substitute with dried cherries)
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon zest
Toss is the 'Caesar' dressing - just enough to wet. Less is more. There will plenty left to save for other salads
RAW 'Caesar' - 24oz (lasts 2 weeks refrigerated)
This hands down my favorite go-to dressing. It's been modified from Charlie Trotter's recipe in Raw.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup wheat-free tamari
- 2 T light Miso
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 celery stalks
- 2-3 pitted dates
- 1 T Chia Seed
- 2 t salt
- 1/2 t ground pepper
Blend dressing ingredients in a high speed blender.